Thursday, May 30, 2013

Wavves

I have been waiting a while to write about these guys because my opinion on the band has changed everytime I listen to their album "Afraid of Heights" .  Coming off first as just a run of the mill indie-punk, they did not really entertain me.  However as I kept listening I saw how there style was somewhat revolutionary and had a 60 rebel sound.  They are a bunch of guys who play what ever they feel like and don't care how the media or people say about them.  Much along the lines of FIDLAR and a little softer than the Japandroids Wavves offers a laid back style of what appears to be a revival of punk rock, mixing fast past guitars in some songs and a heavy mellow bass in others.  One thing is for sure, with their kick-ass personality they have sure gained a loyal following and will continue to please those looking for something new and upbeat.  Personally I like their tunes "Afraid of Heights" and " Thats on Me"Check them out Below.As always happy Music!~Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment